It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I completely forgotten that this game has a weird way of making its resolution to 1080p because the option is there, but "hidden" for some reason.

But than again this game came out in the time before 1080p became the standard.
Try opening "My Documents\My Games\Crysis\game.cfg" and editing the values for r_Height and r_Width as required
adamhm: Try opening "My Documents\My Games\Crysis\game.cfg" and editing the values for r_Height and r_Width as required
Or you could just go into the options on the title screen. :P

I'm playing at that resolution and that's where I changed it.

WAIT, he said it's there but hidden, as i greyed out I guess.

That IS weird.
Post edited October 30, 2016 by tinyE
adamhm: Try opening "My Documents\My Games\Crysis\game.cfg" and editing the values for r_Height and r_Width as required
tinyE: Or you could just go into the options on the title screen. :P

That IS weird.
Not grayed out, the option is not even there at all. The highest I see is 1600x1200.

There is nothing at all after that.
tinyE: Or you could just go into the options on the title screen. :P

That IS weird.
Elmofongo: Not grayed out, the option is not even there at all. The highest I see is 1600x1200.

There is nothing at all after that.
I once had a completely different game refuse to give me certain resolution options because of my comparability settings. As soon as I changed that the 1920x1080 came up, but somehow I think this is totally different.
Elmofongo: I completely forgotten that this game has a weird way of making its resolution to 1080p because the option is there, but "hidden" for some reason.

Change the resolution to something lower first (like 1280x720), accept, then change back to 1920x1080.

Crysis is sadly a bit of a bugfest, but it came at a time when people were just glad when games actually worked. Minor glitches and problems that necessitated reasonable workarounds were "accepted". Nowadays people have to whinge and create shitstorms about every dropped frame and physics glitch.
Post edited October 30, 2016 by jamyskis
Elmofongo: I completely forgotten that this game has a weird way of making its resolution to 1080p because the option is there, but "hidden" for some reason.

jamyskis: Change the resolution to something lower first (like 1280x720), accept, then change back to 1920x1080.

Crysis is sadly a bit of a bugfest, but it came at a time when people were just glad when games actually worked. Minor glitches and problems that necessitated reasonable workarounds were "accepted". Nowadays people have to whinge and create shitstorms about every dropped frame and physics glitch.
That did not work.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis

Use +r_width xxxx +r_height yyyy e.g. +r_width 1920 +r_height 1080 parameter

I have the physical disc version, but I imagine it'll be just the same.
fishbaits: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Crysis

Use +r_width xxxx +r_height yyyy e.g. +r_width 1920 +r_height 1080 parameter

I have the physical disc version, but I imagine it'll be just the same.
Says "Citation Needed"
How do I open game.cfg?
Post edited October 30, 2016 by Elmofongo
Elmofongo: How do I open game.cfg?
In notepad; it's only a text file. You might also want to check out the tweak guide for Crysis: http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html
Elmofongo: How do I open game.cfg?
adamhm: In notepad; it's only a text file. You might also want to check out the tweak guide for Crysis: http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html
Done it and it works and HOLY SHIT what a difference it is between 1600x1200 to 1920x1080.

Everything looks less blurry and clear.
high rated
Have you tried manually dragging down the scrollbar (greenish box) from the right side of resolutions list? No config file editing necessary. I had the same kind of problem with that at first, too.
mistermumbles states the solution, as we already arrived at in the Crysis subforum too. That scroll thing is way too easy to miss.
adamhm: In notepad; it's only a text file. You might also want to check out the tweak guide for Crysis: http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html
Elmofongo: Done it and it works and HOLY SHIT what a difference it is between 1600x1200 to 1920x1080.

Is your monitor 4:3 or 16:9?

Because 1600x1200 is for 4:3 monitors. If you force it to 1920x1080 things will look very elongated.
Elmofongo: Done it and it works and HOLY SHIT what a difference it is between 1600x1200 to 1920x1080.

RSnyden: Is your monitor 4:3 or 16:9?

Because 1600x1200 is for 4:3 monitors. If you force it to 1920x1080 things will look very elongated.
Well my monitor is 1920x1080 so I assume its at the aspect ratio that is appropriate for that resolution.

And as I was playing the game nothing looked elongated or strechted.