It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I prefer jazz to be lumpy and bumpy, with thorns all over it.
low rated
HeresMyAccount: I prefer jazz to be lumpy and bumpy, with thorns all over it.
For some reason, even though I don't fully get this I got a chuckle or two(maybe three) out of it :)
(also check yer PM in a bit)

=-=-=-=-=

Thread Update

For all my lurkin' fans....Chamillionaire sez this one's for u
Post edited January 29, 2022 by GamezRanker
As I wait to install a newly aquired game and try it out, I enjoy the calm cool breeze coming from my window and think about life...what i've done and what I want to do and whatnot. And I think: how have I survived this long? o.0
What on Earth happened in this thread??? It's like a post-nuclear wasteland. Every single post has been voted down into the deep red. Even good-hearted Ice_Mage got whacked for posting a video link to "smooth jazz and falling snow"... WTF. O.ô
GamezRanker: As I wait to install a newly aquired game
How big is this game that it makes you wait so long that you end up contemplating life?
g2222: Every single post has been voted down into the deep red.
Back in the day, GamezRanker and a few others would have every single one of their posts downvoted. Edit: Anyone who replied to them would also get the same treatment, like in this thread. This was done using scripts or bots, and possibly multiple accounts. I don't know would would be petty enough to do this or why. It was especially ridiculous to see this when GamezRanker was gifting games. It should no longer be an issue now, ever since they removed the button to downvote posts.
Post edited May 08, 2024 by Ice_Mage
Ice_Mage: It should no longer be an issue now, ever since they removed the button to downvote posts.
That's not accurate.

It's still an issue, because the bots you mentioned never manually clicked on the "downvote" button in order to register their downvotes of posts, and since GOG only hid the the downvote button from being visible, rather than did the work to remove the coding infrastructure that allows it to happen, the automatic downvotes have never stopped.

That's why, at least a couple of times, long after GOG had hid the "downvote" button, the orange "low rated" texts would still appear anyway (presumably due to a glitch, but that glitch wouldn't have happened if GOG had actually removed the downvoting infrastructure that the bots are using to downvote, rather than merely hiding the clickable downvote button that the bots don't and never did use).

Moreover, some users have also posted about how they are still having problems posting links on the GOG forums, since as a result of GOG merely hiding users' "reputation" numbers rather than removing all of the infrastructure that allows for them to have "reputations," bots' automatic downvoting have continued to destroy the reputation numbers of the users whom they were/are stalking, and thus continued to lower their reputation to the point that they cannot post links, long after GOG decided to hide the downvote button.

I'm not sure if that is still so now as of May 2024 (maybe it is), but definitely it was so for quite a long time after the "downvote" button became hidden.

Hopefully someone who knows more about where to look to see one's "reputation" number can confirm whether or not GOG has finally done the work to remove that infrastructure from its website, or alternatively, whether they still didn't bother to do that work, and so the stalking bots' damage against GOG's customers continues uninterrupted.
high rated
Ice_Mage: Back in the day, GamezRanker and a few others would have every single one of their posts downvoted. Edit: Anyone who replied to them would also get the same treatment, like in this thread. This was done using scripts or bots, and possibly multiple accounts. I don't know would would be petty enough to do this or why. It was especially ridiculous to see this when GamezRanker was gifting games. It should no longer be an issue now, ever since they removed the button to downvote posts.
You should probably also post links to threads like this here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/another_gamezranker_update/post1

There are more interesting posts like this. After that we all have a deep look in the Wallet of Mr Krabs.
I already deeply regret asking what happened. After a few glimpses, I really don't want to know any more about this. Please don't start the next nuke war over age-old petty reasons.

Over and out.
HeresMyAccount: Well good luck with that. Are you using a foreign PC which can't plug into a regular outlet?
GamezRanker: Adapter wasn't being recognized by the PC anymore....turns out it was just a dirty connector, and just needed a bit of cleaning.

Oh well, still gonna keep the new one when it gets here.....in case this one ever does go kaput for good :)

=-=-=-=-=

Thread Updoot

Some person or persons deleted all coof vacc and booster data for all Brazilians.....oh noes

As J.C. Denton might say: "What a shame"
Glad it was just a dirty connector causing the issue! Keeping a spare is always a good idea for peace of mind. As for the missing vaccine data, that's indeed concerning. Let's hope it gets sorted out soon.
Ice_Mage: How big is this game that it makes you wait so long that you end up contemplating life?
Approx. 75Gb....took me around 80 minutes to install.
Was for naught, however...the thing made my poor PC heat up like a roaring blaze and the character moved like a slideshow even on low settings, so i've relegated it to the archival file until I get a better PC someday in the future.

Ancient-Red-Dragon: I'm not sure if that is still so now as of May 2024 (maybe it is), but definitely it was so for quite a long time after the "downvote" button became hidden.
re: links: I can sometimes post links 'bare'(without wrapping them in quote tags) nowadays, even with negative rep. As to whether this is an intentional attempt at a fix or another glitch in the system, I cannot say.
Post edited May 10, 2024 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Was for naught, however...the thing made my poor PC heat up like a roaring blaze
I was going to say, something that takes 80 minutes to install probably isn't going to run that well. Be sure to include a speedy SSD as part of the future upgrade package. It makes a huge difference. Newer games are virtually unplayable without one.
Ice_Mage: I was going to say, something that takes 80 minutes to install probably isn't going to run that well. Be sure to include a speedy SSD as part of the future upgrade package. It makes a huge difference. Newer games are virtually unplayable without one.
Have an SSD, the issue was the game files were highly compressed so it took awhile for it to install.