It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new realm of possibilities is waiting for you.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is coming soon to GOG! It’s a modding tool from CD PROJEKT RED and Yigsoft that allows you to customize and expand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in ways never seen before.

This powerful tool will offer you advanced features and unparalleled flexibility, enabling you to unleash your creativity by crafting new quests, characters, animations, and more. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, the exciting opportunities for creation offered by The Witcher 3 REDkit are limited only by your imagination.

Check out what possibilities await you and grab The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to prepare for your modding adventure.
lazydog: I disagree with what you have said and I disagree with what you are now saying you didn't say.
Breja: This is rapidly becoming a scene from some Leslie Nielsen comedy.

lazydog: Legitimate issues with CDPR practicing DRM are absolutely open for discussion on these forums whether you purchase games from the gog store or not. How the hell else are people who are pissed off with CDPR supposed to communicate their dissatisfaction?
Breja: You can discuss whatever you like. But if you are not, and have decreed you never again will be their customer, why should anyone care about your dissatisfaction? I'm sorry, but that's how business works. There is no point in trying to adress dissatisfaction of a person determined to never again do business with you. It would be like trying to heal a dead person.

lazydog: As you are a self proclaimed DRM free hard-liner, how would you suggest we reward CDPRs choice to embrace DRM?
Breja: By not buying DRMed products and buying DRM-free products. It seems pretty simple and logical to me, but apparently there's some tremendous barrier to understanding that idea.

lazydog: It seems to me that you advocate we continue to suck it up and not complain, especially if we use the store and fingers crossed, hope for the best.

Not complaining is as good as acceptance, whether you like it or not.
Breja: I don't think there's anything more I can do about it seeming to you that I am saying things that I am very clearly not saying.
MarkoH01 bought a DRM free product from this DRM free store and ended up with DRM content.

The Witcher 3 had DRM content added after release.

In both of these cases it was impossible to avoid DRM.

You don't get to decide what is DRM free on this store and you most certainly should not be telling people when they do or do not have the right to complain about straight up DRM.

Shame on you for suggesting that you are able to buy DRM free on the gog store without contributing to CDPR.
lazydog: you most certainly should not be telling people when they do or do not have the right to complain about straight up DRM.
I have no clue what you're talking about. At no point did I say anything about people not having the right to complain. I have not even suggested they shouldn't complain. I have repeatedly pointed out that I have myself made many of the same complaints.

What is this conversation I can't even

lazydog: Shame on you for suggesting that you are able to buy DRM free on the gog store without contributing to CDPR.
I never said that. I said the exact opposite. It's the exact thing I've been pointing out the whole time as MarkoH01's hypocrisy in regard to his claims of "CDProject not existing for him anymore" contrasted with his contineud patronage of the store.

This is pure madness. Every reply of yours is not just arguing with things I didn't say, but now with the direct opposite of what I said. I am convinced now that either one of us has gone completely mad or this is some elaborate psy-op to get me there.

EDIT: If you'll excuse me, I intend to uset he weekend to rest and relax a little, and this thread isn't exactly conducive to that. To preserve some of my frail sanity, I will probably not be opening it again before monday.
Post edited May 11, 2024 by Breja
The log clearly shows that Marko called a remark "stupid" because it obviously it a nerve. If that isn't the closest thing to being "rude" here then, well, people definitely have lost the argument in my mind.

If being direct, having a pretty logical non-threatening argumentation, and even using light sarcasm is automatically seen as an insult then clearly people need to analyze their own projection.

At this point, Breja, I'm suspecting some have a personal grudge against you, or rather, you're the sorry outlet for their own frustration. No one is perfect and we're all humans here (and I can see where the misinterpretation comes from regarding the contradiction part), but this really is just bizarre to read. It's like a digital witchhunt where people twist and put attributes on you you didn't put on yourself in the first place just to artificially inflate the trial further.

Besides, it's always a compromise on how far one is willing to go in boycotting something. I for one choose the lesser of two evils to hopefully prevent the worst outcome in regards to GOG (this is where the history part comes in), but that doesn't mean I'm willing to forget everything either and mindlessly buy another game from CDPR. If ever.

-------

About the REDkit I'm not sure which way I lean most towards. In one corner I'm thinking too little and way too late to the party to be much relevant. At the same time I'm a little excited to see what other mods people come up with, and mainly total conversions.

Enderal proved to be the Skyrim killer in terms of atmosphere and story so who knows. :)
Breja: I think it's important for people to find things they agree on despite previous squabbles, and to show such agreement rather than possibly hide it because of some grudge.
I think all this squabble stems from a simple misunderstanding.

Like MarkoH1 I also have no intent of buying any game that CDPR puts out going forward. Does that mean I will never be their customer anymore? I don't know yet. Depends on them.

IF they remove the DRM from CP2077 and TW3 I will start considering whatever games they release. BUT until that happens I'm just not interested even if their hypothetical new game is pushed out of the door DRM-free. Their actions in the last few years squandered all the trust I had in them. I'm not going to simply believe they have "good intentions" for this next game. Who's to say they won't pull another TW3 by appending DRM to the new game after I buy it?
So, until they remove the DRM from these past games they are effectively dead to me, and the only reason I still give them some of my money (through Gog) is a combination of a lack of alternative DRM-free stores and a willingness to patronage other developers and publishers that do not act like CDPR.

I can't guarantee that Marko holds the same stance I do but like you said above he's usually sensible and I have no reason to think it's different this time.
Post edited May 11, 2024 by joppo
Breja: Unexpected indeed, but much appreciated. I think it's important for people to find things they agree on despite previous squabbles, and to show such agreement rather than possibly hide it because of some grudge.
To be perfectly honest, I have always agreed with a lot of things you write, just not all of them.
I'm sure it is the same with all folks when it comes to friends and relatives.

At the end of the day, at least for me, it is not about agreeing, so much as respecting other points of view.

And like you, I don't have a problem with folk doing what they feel they have to in regard to not buying anymore form GOG. I do however question their reasoning.

And likewise I don't have an issue when they complain here, just so long as they are being reasonable with their behavior.

Many of us, me certainly included, and yourself, have been quite unhappy with GOG at times.

I don't take certain actions, because I cannot see the sense in them, especially if I just end up penalizing myself in the process. It is why I didn't join the previous boycott(s). I need to be able to see that something is being or could be achieved, other than me missing out on future games.

Sometimes we are placed between a rock and hard place. And i guess that is what compromise is all about.
My whole life it seems, has been about compromise ... with my parents, with teachers, with relationships and friendships, with employers, with my wife, with my children, authority, etc etc.
Breja: I never said that. I said the exact opposite.
For whatever reason, some folk grab the wrong end of the stick, then cannot let go, and everything from that point is colored by misunderstanding.

The blinkers come down, and you can argue until you are blue in the face, and it will make no difference. They've made up their mind and that's it. It's no longer a conversation, just repeated accusations without solid foundation.
Just an FYI, if it's more than 4 lines i don't read it.

Timboli, you are good - read yours, thanks for keeping it short.
renegade042: Just an FYI, if it's more than 4 lines i don't read it.

Timboli, you are good - read yours, thanks for keeping it short.
HA!

I was correct about always defaulting to 3-4-line paragraphs when I can, thanks for the confirmation that it works, as it is gamers/net folk that is the very reason why I only use 3-4-line paragraphs!

I don't have walls of text as much as fences!
Post edited May 11, 2024 by DNMR2K5
DNMR2K5: I was correct about always defaulting to 3-4-line paragraphs when I can, thanks for the confirmation that it works, as it is gamers/net folk that is the very reason why I only use 3-4-line paragraphs!

For many a year now I have tried to break up what I write into wurdles ... a combo of words and hurdles, but kind of like the fences you mention, but easy to jump over.

That doesn't mean I write less ... usually. So for some it will still be a wall of text, but at least it should be more easily digested ... presuming one is going to read it all ... many don't I'm sure. In my experience, many read the start and probably the end, and if you are lucky, some of the middle. I've even had some admit that to me, even the odd friend.

I've never been particularly good at verbal communication, being such a slow thinker, so online chat forums were a kind of a revelation to me ... initially ... until I came to the realization, that many who were good verbally, weren't good with the written word, and that patience was not one of their virtues, and so skipping stuff was the norm for them. Sometimes you just can't win.
DNMR2K5: I was correct about always defaulting to 3-4-line paragraphs when I can, thanks for the confirmation that it works, as it is gamers/net folk that is the very reason why I only use 3-4-line paragraphs!

Timboli: For many a year now I have tried to break up what I write into wurdles ... a combo of words and hurdles, but kind of like the fences you mention, but easy to jump over.

That doesn't mean I write less ... usually. So for some it will still be a wall of text, but at least it should be more easily digested ... presuming one is going to read it all ... many don't I'm sure. In my experience, many read the start and probably the end, and if you are lucky, some of the middle. I've even had some admit that to me, even the odd friend.

I've never been particularly good at verbal communication, being such a slow thinker, so online chat forums were a kind of a revelation to me ... initially ... until I came to the realization, that many who were good verbally, weren't good with the written word, and that patience was not one of their virtues, and so skipping stuff was the norm for them. Sometimes you just can't win.
Indeed, I am a slave to specificity thoughbecause of people ending up skimming for keywords while jumping to the wrong conclusions because of not having enough info, due to not reading it in the first place! x^D

But I do mitigate it through frequent breaks, but for some sites you don't have that luxury, still, I will be as verbose as specificity allows, as I'm pretty much anal that way!