It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new realm of possibilities is waiting for you.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is coming soon to GOG! It’s a modding tool from CD PROJEKT RED and Yigsoft that allows you to customize and expand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in ways never seen before.

This powerful tool will offer you advanced features and unparalleled flexibility, enabling you to unleash your creativity by crafting new quests, characters, animations, and more. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, the exciting opportunities for creation offered by The Witcher 3 REDkit are limited only by your imagination.

Check out what possibilities await you and grab The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to prepare for your modding adventure.
high rated
Not interested anymore in any products of this company since they were unable to provide a DRM-free offline installer for their pre-order bonus and said that a pre-order bonus item technically requires online connection to get access to it even though other companys were able to provide those without having the requirement of being online as one would expect from a DRM-free store.
Post edited May 07, 2024 by MarkoH01
high rated
Cool, I'm not inclined to care, because I can imagine the stupid ways it'll be arbitrary restricted for us peasants.
I guess this is cool but maybe a little late. If Witcher 3 were to be modded it's the combat that would benefit the most. I don't think there were any shortage of quests.
high rated
Not that I'm inclined to use it, but just out of curiosity, will this have an inexplicable demand for an uninterrupted online connection like a certain map of a certain flagship game of a certain company that is "supposedly" a supporter of DRM-Freedom?

Edit: added quote marks.
Post edited May 07, 2024 by joppo
high rated
Well this is a boring and slow week start for GoG. Also, is CDPR going the way of Bethesda and just trying to keep Witcher 3 relevant for as long as possible?
high rated
Thanks GOG and CDPR, I look forward to checking it out.
Curious timing with Fallout: London soon going to be distributed via GoG, too.
Maybe the universal mod integration they've been allegedly working on is in the final stages and about ready to be officially unveiled.
Post edited May 07, 2024 by Swedrami
GOG.com: The Witcher 3 REDkit
It’s a modding tool that allows you to customize and expand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
One the one hand: cool!
On the other hand: I'll probably never use it.
TheCleaner517: Well this is a boring and slow week start for GoG. Also, is CDPR going the way of Bethesda and just trying to keep Witcher 3 relevant for as long as possible?
Maybe a testbed for Witcher 4? 4-5 years down the road...
Neat, now I can make my own Fortnite and be rich. That's how that works, right?
Interesting!
But it actually highly depends on whjat the tools are capable of... if it's jus tthe examples given, then well... as some pointed out already, quests n stuff isn't what this game was subpar at... but gameplay meachanics, balancing and such. If the latter is possible as well, then great! Would love to mod some of the techniques described in the books into the game, like launching rocks with Aard or sealing doors with Yrden, etc.
I would gladly buy a new expansion for Witcher 3 every year from now untill the end of time, as long as they would retain the quality of Heart of Stone/Blood and Wine. Fan made content however, I don't usually have much use for, and I imagine finding anything even close to the "real" thing will be unlikely. Plus, most of it will probably come in English only, and The Witcher is one thing I really can't take seriously unless it's in Polish.

Still, if there's one chance in a 1000 something great will come out of it, it's still good of CDPR to put it out there.
GOG.com: the exciting opportunities for creation (...) are limited only by your imagination.
That's a pretty severe limitation. Too bad. :-(

Also don't get the real benefit. A nude patch mod was available long ago without all this new fuss.
Post edited May 07, 2024 by g2222
MarkoH01: Not interested anymore in any products of this company since they were unable to provide a DRM-free offline installer for their pre-order bonus and said that a pre-order bonus item technically requires online connection to get access to it even though other companys were able to provide those without having the requirement of being online as one would expect from a DRM-free store.
Exactly right! We got burned on Phantom Liberty were never offered a resolution. It'll be a cold day in you know where before CDPR gets any more of my money. That's a hard pass for me.