It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new realm of possibilities is waiting for you.

The Witcher 3 REDkit is coming soon to GOG! It’s a modding tool from CD PROJEKT RED and Yigsoft that allows you to customize and expand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in ways never seen before.

This powerful tool will offer you advanced features and unparalleled flexibility, enabling you to unleash your creativity by crafting new quests, characters, animations, and more. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, the exciting opportunities for creation offered by The Witcher 3 REDkit are limited only by your imagination.

Check out what possibilities await you and grab The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to prepare for your modding adventure.
Breja: Still, if there's one chance in a 1000 something great will come out of it, it's still good of CDPR to put it out there.
dnovraD: Daggerfall in the Witcher 3 engine. Y/N?
Don't really care. I want more Witcher, as in that world, characters, not unrelated stuff wearing Witcher graphics. I'd be more interested in more adventures for Witcher 1 than a total conversion of Witcher 3.

gog2002x: II really don't understand some of the comments lol. Maybe I'm the odd one heh.
I always considered myself an anti-DRM hardliner here, and even I think people are going overboard. Unless this turns out to have DRM too, being so dogmatic as to excommunicate a developer for past use of DRM is a bit silly, and essentially leaves them no incentive to do better in the future.
Post edited May 08, 2024 by Breja
i know when i think of working code... Project Red is the first company that pops into my mind so i'll pass

stilll a mod tool is prob something others will want
dtgreene: I would argue that proper balancing, particularly of a game like TES: Skyrim, is incredibly difficult. If you take a look at any Bethesda game, and many other games that are out there (assuming it's in a genre where it makes sense to talk about it, so not something like a VN), have significant balance issues.

(Note: I'm talking about the difficulty of balancing the game, not the difficulty of playing through the results of such balancing.)
Exactly. Especially if you have systems like in Morrowind (custom spells) or Skyrim (Enchanting/Smithing/Spell feedback loop). I've seen a video about exploits in Skyrim that can make the game crash because the damage numbers get so ridiculous big.

How can you possibly balance anything without restricting the players so much that the fun gets sucked out of the game?
mk47at: How can you possibly balance anything without restricting the players so much that the fun gets sucked out of the game?
A properly balanced game can be fun because you can try different strategies, and they all work (without feeling the same, of course).

A game with terrible balance often fails to be balanced because of it. Either:
* The game is too easy no matter what.
* The game is really easy for some play styles and unbearable for others.
* The game is difficult in a manner that's rather unfun. There might be some exploit to make things manageable, or there might not be.

(In a multiplayer game, you might have a choice between A and B. If the game is poorly balanced, you might need to play A in order to have a chance of winning against an opponent using A, at which point, why does B exist?)
dtgreene: I would argue that proper balancing, particularly of a game like TES: Skyrim, is incredibly difficult. If you take a look at any Bethesda game, and many other games that are out there (assuming it's in a genre where it makes sense to talk about it, so not something like a VN), have significant balance issues.

(Note: I'm talking about the difficulty of balancing the game, not the difficulty of playing through the results of such balancing.)
Thanks for the clarification, yes, I agree that balancing the game is indeed no cakewalk, as a modder it would be actually simpler as most mods are modded fun the fun of it, and is modded for individual and specific groups of gamers, however if you're a developer, that all changes once you have to balance a game for every skill level out there as unlike with modding, you have to live off of your work!
paladin181: Will be fun to play with, but damn is this late to the party. You're releasing a mod kit for a 9 year old game. At a certain point, the modding community mostly moved on. The time to release this was 7-8 years ago.
Well as they say, probably better than never.

It has seemed to me for some time, that they struggle with time. So it seems they finally got the time, if very belatedly.

And it was only last year when we got that remaster.

Maybe the modkit is a form of promo for wat they will be doing next.
Imagine if it is as intuitive as the Aurora Toolset from Neverwinter Nights... A man can dream! :')
high rated
Breja: I always considered myself an anti-DRM hardliner here, and even I think people are going overboard. Unless this turns out to have DRM too, being so dogmatic as to excommunicate a developer for past use of DRM is a bit silly, and essentially leaves them no incentive to do better in the future.
We gave them every chance when we mentioned the missing offline installer for the pre-order bonus item on release day. GOG immediately said that the missing offline installer was an oversight and they would fix this. When they didn't fix it I contacted CDPR support directly just to be told that there's technically no other way to implement the pre-order bonus item which is a lie since other companys did not have any problems to do exactly that. After this mail exchange we still had a few CP2077 updates and the issue simply never was fixed. So please don't say that they did not have a chance ... Poor devs? Not here.
MarkoH01: (…)
Don't forget that there is supposed to be a way to add the items via console commands.

Really bad behaviour – pushing for DRM when your parent company also runs a store that has DRM free as a (or rather the only remaining) selling point.
Breja: I always considered myself an anti-DRM hardliner here, and even I think people are going overboard. Unless this turns out to have DRM too, being so dogmatic as to excommunicate a developer for past use of DRM is a bit silly, and essentially leaves them no incentive to do better in the future.
MarkoH01: We gave them every chance when we mentioned the missing offline installer for the pre-order bonus item on release day. GOG immediately said that the missing offline installer was an oversight and they would fix this. When they didn't fix it I contacted CDPR support directly just to be told that there's technically no other way to implement the pre-order bonus item which is a lie since other companys did not have any problems to do exactly that. After this mail exchange we still had a few CP2077 updates and the issue simply never was fixed. So please don't say that they did not have a chance ... Poor devs? Not here.
I don't know what you're talking about, I never said they "didn't have a chance". I'm saying that if because of getting it wrong in the past you are determined to shun them forever, then you give them no incentive to do things right in the future. They lost you, it's done, there's no point in doing better to try and appease you. May as well go all in on DRM.

I'm entirely against DRM, but I also realise it's not a some crime against humanity the perpetrators of which should forever bear the mark of Cain. Besides, following your logic, we should basically buy nothing that comes to GOG only belatedly, and was previously marred with DRM.
high rated
mk47at: Don't forget that there is supposed to be a way to add the items via console commands.
1) This option does not exist for the pre-order bonus item (which is the only thing that actually was part of the original purchase contract btw).
2) If third party tools are a loophole ... the same would apply to cracks when it comes to DRM - or not?

So the fact remains that CDPR knowingly released a game with DRM without being upfront about it at all. On release day . when this problem was first mentioned here in the forum (almost immediately answered by a blue) they could have said that this is the way it is gonna stay and should have offered a refund at the same time - they did not and I really have problems to support a dev that is trying to push DRM on a DRM-free store. They were the first to do so with GWENT but back then they were at least honest about it and gave us Thronebreaker as a (good) alternative. ... what they did here to me felt like a borderline scam and so I decicded for myself that I will stop to buy from them ... Even though I WOULD be interested in the next CP2077 and Witcher ... it's just not possible for me. Seeing how many nice indie devs we have here and how good they treat the GOG customer I'd rather give them more of my money than CDPR who obviously forgot where they came from when they started.
Breja: I'm entirely against DRM, but I also realise it's not a some crime against humanity the perpetrators of which should forever bear the mark of Cain. Besides, following your logic, we should basically buy nothing that comes to GOG only belatedly, and was previously marred with DRM.
Everybody has to decide for themselves. I am not one to call for a boycot - I decide for myself. However imo there's a difference between adding games with DRM to a platform (in some cases probably even unknowingly) and actually making them AND refusing to fix the issue afterwards. They simply showed that they don't care about me and so I decided to not care about them as well - that is all.
Breja: I don't know what you're talking about, I never said they "didn't have a chance". I'm saying that if because of getting it wrong in the past you are determined to shun them forever, then you give them no incentive to do things right in the future. They lost you, it's done, there's no point in doing better to try and appease you. May as well go all in on DRM.
Getting it wrong in the past AND refusing to make it better when they had the chance. They decided and I did as well. If you want to protect them - go ahead. I've made my peace and CDPR does not exist for me anymore.
Post edited May 08, 2024 by MarkoH01
mk47at: Don't forget that there is supposed to be a way to add the items via console commands.
MarkoH01: 1) This option does not exist for the pre-order bonus item (which is the only thing that actually was part of the original purchase contract btw).
2) If third party tools are a loophole ... the same would apply to cracks when it comes to DRM - or not?
I don't know. But since people that defend the preorder bonus DRM always claim that it is possible to add the things via mods, it is really silly to claim that the developers are not able to do the same thing.
MarkoH01: Getting it wrong in the past AND refusing to make it better when they had the chance. They decided and I did as well. If you want to protect them - go ahead.
"Protect?" What are you on about?

MarkoH01: I've made my peace and CDPR does not exist for me anymore.
Funny, it seems you're still here, using their store...
MarkoH01: Getting it wrong in the past AND refusing to make it better when they had the chance. They decided and I did as well. If you want to protect them - go ahead.
Breja: "Protect?" What are you on about?

MarkoH01: I've made my peace and CDPR does not exist for me anymore.
Breja: Funny, it seems you're still here, using their store...
Is it fun making such stupid remarks instead of accepting arguments that are proven facts? In any case for me the discussion with you has become a waste of time ... so please continue without me.
Post edited May 08, 2024 by MarkoH01
Breja: "Protect?" What are you on about?

Funny, it seems you're still here, using their store...
MarkoH01: Is it fun making such stupid remarks instead of accepting arguments that are proven facts? In any case for me the discussion with you ha become a waste of time ... so please continue without me.
I don't know why you're so angry and unpleasant.

I also don't know what "proven facts" you're talking about, or what "stupid remarks". This is CDPR's store. You're using it. Presumably still buying games here. When you do, every time, you give them money too. But you claim they "don't exist for you anymore". You're contradicting yourself, you're being insulting for no reason, you have not refuted sensibly a single thing I said, and now you're throwing a tantrum and running away.

I really don't know what happened to you, you used to seem like such a sensible person.